Sunday, December 26, 2010

New Year, New You

Welcome to my blog!  A new year is upon us so I felt inspired to start something new as well.  I have designed a site where people can come to look up ways to make their life healthier and "greener" if you will.  These are things that I have been doing for years and really work well for my family, health, and budget.

As my daughter grows, I am constantly trying to keep on top of nutrition and keep all the bad chemicals out of her body (and ours too!).  My focus this year will be on healthy, organic cooking that is easy for a busy family.

My other great passion is yoga.  I will tell anybody that will listen-if your life is out of balance you need to practice yoga.  It has made such a profound difference in my life physically, mentally, and spiritually.  I made a real commitment to get back to a daily yoga practice in October 2010.  It really has been the catalyst for all my other health improvements.  This is due to my mentor, Camey Martinez, who inspired me from the beginning 5 years ago.  I also give great credit to Karen Kinnard the owner of Yoga Prairie where I now practice.  Her wonderful studio has it all including the best instructors and intimate atmosphere.

I hope everyone checks in with me  as I post new recipes and healthy tips each week.

Namaste

(The gesture Namaste represents the belief that there is a Divine spark within each of us that is located in the heart chakra. The gesture is an acknowledgment of the soul in one by the soul in another. "Nama" means bow, "as" means I, and "te" means you. Therefore, Namaste literally means "bow me you" or "I bow to you.")


Paula Leen

No comments:

Post a Comment