Sunday, March 6, 2011

Coffee, How bad is it?

I  have been wondering lately how bad is it to drink coffee.  I drink a lot of coffee everyday and I am going to start doing some research regarding the effects of coffee.  The reason I started thinking about this topic, is that I read about coffee being a crop that was loaded with pesticides.  This made me think about buying organic beans but I still love Caribou, so now I buy both.  I realize that I write a lot about food but what about the stuff we drink; some of these can be just as bad for our health.  Stay tuned for my initial findings on this topic.

4 comments:

  1. I bought organic coffee with my last vitacost order and it was very reasonably priced and tastes great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I buy it in bulk from Lakewinds and it also reasonably priced. I really think Caribou coffee is overpriced as you can get a pound of organic beans for cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coffee- in small portions it protects the body from stomach cancer. Too much & it probably is a cause of many chronic illnesses. How much is too much is the next question. I have been told 3 times a week is as much as my body should have. I'm either drinking it, or not. Daily. The only time I don't is when I am ill. Rare occurrence there... It makes me happy (not the only thing, but it is one thing that lifts my energy & spirits) Happiness is really good for the immune system. It keeps you alive : ). YogiK's rationalization. Also, it helps keep one from dozing during meditations : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your insight Karen! I too drink coffe because it makes me happy. I have been drinking coffe since about the age of 11. Not that it's great but I always loved the taste and it definately keeps me sane and happy.

    ReplyDelete